Reinforced Concrete Staircase
Reinforced concrete is perhaps the most suitable of all the said materials for the construction of stairs.
The various advantages of reinforced concrete stairs are given below
- They have requisite fire resisting qualities to a great extent
- They are durable strong pleasing in appearance and can be They are durable, strong, pleasing in appearance and can be easily rendered non-slippery.
- They can be designed for greater widths, longer spans and any height.
- They can be moulded in any desired form to suit the requirements of the architect.
- They can be easily cleaned.
- The cost of maintenance is almost nil.
- They can be pre-cast or cast-in-situ.
- To change their appearance, R.C.C. stairs can be covered/finished with thin slabs of stone, marble tiles or terrazzo
Design principle and support system:
- The choice of the type of stair to be adopted depends very much upon the size of the staircase hall and the loading condition the size of the staircase hall and the loading condition.
Different stair arrangement in case of R.C.C.
- Single Straight Flight Stairs
- Inclined Slab Stairs With Half Space Landings
- String Beam Stairs
- Crancked Slab Stairs
- Cantilever Stairs
- Spiral Stairs
Click Here to Download Design of Reinforced Concrete Staircase