Importance or Benefits of Quality Control
Following Benefits of Quality Control list out below
- Encourages quality consciousness: The most important advantage derived by introducing quality control is that it develops and encourages quality consciousness among the workers in the factory which is greatly helpful in achieving desired level of quality in the product.
- Satisfaction of consumers: Consumers are greatly benefited as they get better quality products on account of quality control. It gives them satisfaction.
- Reduction in production cost: By undertaking effective inspection and control over production processes and operations, production costs are considerably reduced. Quality control further checks the production of inferior products and wastages thereby bringing down the cost of production considerably.
- Most effective utilisation of resources: Quality control ensures maximum utilisation of available resources thereby minimising wastage and inefficiency of every kind.
- Reduction in inspection costs: Quality control brings about economies in inspection and considerably reduces cost of inspection.
- Increased goodwill: By producing better quality products and satisfying customer’s needs, quality control raises the goodwill of the concern in the minds of people. A reputed concern can easily raise finances from the market.
- Higher morale of employees: An effective system of quality control is greatly helpful in increasing the morale of employees, and they feel that they are working in the concern producing better and higher quality products.
- Improved employer-employee relations: Quality control develops to better industrial atmosphere by increasing morale of employees which ensures cordial employer-employee relations leading to better understanding and closeness between them.
- Improved techniques and methods of production: By supplying technical and engineering data for the product and manufacturing processes, improved methods and designs of production are ensured by quality control.
- Effective advertisement: Organisations producing quality products have effective advertisement. They win the public confidence by supplying those better quality products.
- Facilitates price fixation: By introducing quality control measures, uniform products of same quality are produced. This greatly facilitates the problem of price fixation. One price of standard products becomes prevalent in the market.
- Increased sales: Quality control ensures production of quality products which is immensely helpful in attracting more customers for the product thereby increasing sales. It is greatly helpful in maintaining existing demand and creating new demand for the product. It has been rightly pointed out that quality control is a powerful instrument with the help of which markets both at home and abroad can be expanded.
Collection of Civil Engineering Ebooks Free Download Click Here