Methods of Curing
Following two factors are considered while selecting any mode of method of curing:
- The temperature should be kept minimum for dissipation of heat of hydration.
- The water loss should be prevented.
Thus all the methods of curing of concrete are derived from the basic principle of lowering of the surface temperatures and prevention of water evaporation. Several specialized curing techniques are employed in the modern construction work, but the most commonly employed methods of curing are as follows:
- Ponding with water.
- Covering concrete with wet jute bags.
- Covering concrete with water-proof paper of polythelene sheets and holding it in position.
- Intermittent spraying with water and continuous sprinkling of water.
- Applying curing compounds.