You are eligible for the following exams
1. UPSC civil services
2. UPSC engg services
3. UPSC assistant commandant
4. UPSC CDS
5. SSC JE
6. SSC CGL
7. IBPS PO
8. IBPS SO
9. SBI PO
13. PSU exams , SAIL,AAI,VIZAG STEEL etc
14. Company Secretary exam
19. Army TGC, other SSB exams of army,navy,air force.
I can write 10 more exams but it depends on your preference, your strengths, your weakness, . Some are for jobs while other are for higher studies so its you who has to ultimately decide for yourself.
Following is the use of GATE exam,
1. You can do m.tech from IIT/NIT.
2. You can get selected in PSU if you are really really talented.
3. You can get into NUS (National University of Singapore ) for their masters program. Mind it!!! it comes under top 20 universities of world. No iit is there even in top 150!!!
4. If your dream is IIM , you can go into FPM program of any IIM. Its more like a ph.d program and food and lodging are free plus IIMs give a stripend of 20-25k per month.
5. If you want to go to private sector, it always adds a heavy weight to your resume.
6. You can become faculty in gate coaching institutes and can earn that amount of money which one only dreams of.
7. If you want to do MBA ,NITIE mumbai gives admission in their MBA course on basis of gate. Average package there is above 10 lpa.
8. In past few months some PSU’s like DMRC have announced competitive exam for seats (both permanent and contract based) which are specifically for those who have at least qualified GATE. So qualifying GATE(even on borderline) makes you eligible to take those exams. You never know when the notification of these types of exams will come.
9. Recently some pics have also been shared on the internet(with modiji on thumbnail) by major coaching institutes suggesting the usage of GATE score for recruitment by private firms. There is strong possibility of this in near future.