Work activities for Site Engineer
Work activities for Site Engineer is part of the site management team, and takes some of the responsibility for security, health and safety, and organising and supervising materials and people. Site engineers mark out the site, make sure designs are applied correctly and liaise with main and sub-contractors and the site manager.Work activities for Site Engineer some important points to remember given below.
Work activities for Site Engineer vary depending on the type of employers and nature of the project but typically involve:
- acting as the main technical adviser on a construction site for subcontractors, crafts people and operatives;
- setting out, levelling and surveying the site;
- checking plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations;
- ensuring that all materials used and work performed are as per specifications;
- overseeing the selection and requisition of materials and plant;.
- agreeing a price for materials, and making cost-effective solutions and proposals for the intended project;
- managing, monitoring and interpreting the contract design documents supplied by the client or architect;
- liaising with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project;
- liaising with the local authority (where appropriate to the project) to ensure compliance with local construction regulations and by-laws;
- liaising with clients and their representatives (architects, engineers and surveyors), including attending regular meetings to keep them informed of progress;
- day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labour force and the work of any subcontractors;
- planning the work and efficiently organising the plant and site facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines;
- overseeing quality control and health and safety matters on site;
- preparing reports as required;
- resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
Read More Things Site Engineers Must Know