Core cutting method is used to determine dry density of the soil.
- First, we take the moulds to the site where the soil testing is to be performed.
- Then we clean up the upper loose soilso that we get a hard strata.
- Then the hollow cylindrical mould is placed on the place and from the top, we hammer it.
- Hammering continues till the soil reaches the top of mould cap.
- after this, we dig the portion surrounding the core and retain the core cautiously without disturbing the soil in the core.
- We bring it to the lab, remove the cap of the core and weigh it.
- then we place it inside a hot air oven and let it dry.
- Then we weigh it again, apply the formula and get the dry density.