Duties and Responsibilities for Supervisor Civil In Building list out given below Following the guidance of his superiors.
Site Supervisor : He must be able to study the drawings and execute the work by managing the labour, material and machinery as per Daily planning. Monitoring the work and providing the current status of work to concerned Site Engineer.
- Supervises and leads foremen, Lead men, skilled labor, and work crews in all activities concerned project. Ability to optimize resources (manpower, equipment and materials) to ensure efficient and timely completion of the project. Able to demonstrate excellent labour management skills, following policies, procedures and work practices, and developing improvements where necessary.
- Competent in reading and understanding Specifications, drawings, and all other discipline related project and engineering documentation. Familiar with and enforces strict compliance with all QA/QC and Safety procedures, plus all Company rules and regulations.
- Commands respect of his foremen, Lead men, skilled labour and discipline workforce, and develops excellent working relationships with all other department personnel.
- Must be an excellent communicator. Able to give instructions and transfer knowledge in an efficient and effective way to co‐workers and staff. Liaises with other discipline staff to ensure the optimum interface of the various operational activities, with the overall objective of successful completion of the project.
- Understands the principles and importance of planning. Monitors and tracks daily progress and work completed, comparing planned to actual. Takes appropriate mitigating action to ensure compliance with the plan, based on knowledge of available manpower, equipment, materials.
- Ensures that the foremen, Lead men understand and implement the work plan, by explaining and engaging in pro‐active communication with the crews.
- Follows the three week and one week look‐ahead plans for the civil works of the project, in close liaison with construction, planning and other departments and disciplines.
- Reviews quantities of materials received or used during specified periods, in order to minimize wastage and inefficiency.
- Ensures that all work is in conformity to standards and specifications. Interprets specifications and discusses deviations from specified civil procedures to ensure full compliance with QA/QC inspection plans and procedures.
- Identifies and implements “on‐the‐job” training programs with the aim of developing and improving team members’ competency in required skills and abilities.
11.Complies with the highest level of safety during all stages of project execution to avoid any type of incidents and or accidents. Take reasonable care of own health and safety and that of others in the workplace.
- Complies with all statutory requirements connected with the implementation of project.
Read more on General responsibilities of the Site Engineer