Safety Hazards on a Construction Site
Safety, Health and Welfare Measures for Construction Workers
The construction labourers need to be provided basic minimum facilities and infrastructure. Construction can be a safe occupation when workers are aware of the hazards, and an effective safety and health program is used.Tool will help workers identify and control the hazards that commonly cause the most serious construction injuries.The contractors or the employers of construction labourers need to ensure the following on a
Safety Hazards on a Construction Site;
- Labour Regulations for Contractors- Important Facilities for the Labourers
- Working hours of an adult employed should not exceed 9 hours a day.
- Wages due to every worker shall be paid to him directly
- Wages of every employed on contract shall be paid within 3 days from one end of theP wage period where the wage period is one month. If the workers employed in such establishments exceed 1000, then the payment is before the expiry of 7th day 10th day from the end of wage period.
- The contractor has to maintain wage book, wage slip, registers of unpaid wages, accidents, fines etc. These documents are to be maintained for 12 months after the date of last entry made in them.
- The officers from the labour department have the power to inspect and enquire to ascertain the proper observance of wage clauses and other provisions
- No labourers below the age of 14 years shall be employed on the work
- Payment to labour should not be less than fair wage as specified in the contract
- For female workers, leave pay during maternity is admissible if she has been employed for a period of not less than 6 months.
- At the work place, the contractor has to ensure health and sanitation facilities such as first aid, latrines, urinals, drinking water, washing and bathing places, sheds for rest, creaches for children under 6.
Above all points to be followed in construction site for Safety Hazards
Ebook to Read Safety Handbook for Construction Site Workers